MK7 GT 1.4TSI ACT DSG Purchased New 1 September 2014 - Golf MK7 Forum
User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jaybe

post #1 of 3 Old 04-14-2015, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
MK7 GT 1.4TSI ACT DSG Purchased New 1 September 2014

After a five mile test drive I was very impressed with the performance, handling, safety features and beautiful build of the car inside and out. It was expensive but managed a reasonable discount.
Have only done 2010 miles in seven months for various reasons. The bad points first.
The day I picked it up I almost took it straight back due to excessive road noise which I did not notice on the test drive-probably too excited by the great handling and performance. On billiard table roads the noise greatly subsides.

The ride is lumpy probably due to 17 inch wheels and low profile. Have lowered tyre pressure to 35psi but does not feel less lumpy.

The fuel consumption from a car always driven carefully in ECO mode on mainly country lanes plus motorway plus a small amount of suburban is very poor. The long term average over 2010 miles is 39.2mpg. I at least expected to equal the 49.8mpg that is claimed for urban running and was fully aware that the manufacturers other figures were fantasy.

The steering is precise but very annoying in that it feels like it is immersed in treacle particularly noticeable when driving on motorways where a concerted non-flowing effort is required to maintain small corrections. My 7 year old Grand Picasso with electric steering is a joy compared to the Golf.

The headlights are not up to the job and I have had to fit correct wattage but higher strength bulbs and will invest in a headlight alignment test soon.

Good points are the fit and finish and once I turn the radio up and sometimes give it a short burst on a quiet winding road it always puts a smile on my face.

I would appreciate comments re the above from other members who own similar cars both GT and non GT versions. Thank you.
bele2 likes this.
post #2 of 3 Old 05-04-2015, 08:51 AM

Dsg

Do you have any problem with the DSG transmission?
post #3 of 3 Old 09-14-2015, 06:16 PM Thread Starter

Dsg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bele2 View Post
Do you have any problem with the DSG transmission?
Done 4000 miles in my first year and no problems. Main problem is the VERY HARD SUSPENSION and EXCESSIVE ROAD NOISE-need a fix to these problems that I did not notice on my short test drive.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Golf MK7 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page