Advice regarding a used Golf R with low mileage listed for a relatively good price
i need some advice...
I'm really tempted to buy a used Golf R listed in my area for a relatively good price... it is a 2016 model fully loaded with sunroof...milage is 48,000 Kilometers... asking price is lower by almost 20% than other used R's listed here with higher milage (75K - 100K kilometers).
I'm not experienced with cars mechanics etc.... and I'm looking for advice on what to check and inspect in the car.....
the guy who is selling it told me the following:
- the car is stock...only minor external cosmetic modifications.
- the front bumper and the front left fender were replaced because of an accident, he said it didn't damage any parts other than the external parts.
- the front right fender also was replaced because of another dent/small crash.
- the driver side front airbag and knee airbag were deployed during that accident and were replaced with the original parts in a maintenance shop.
- I had an initial test drive and noticed the engine warning sign was ON, when i asked him about it he said he got it inspected and the diagnostic test result was showing "1- engine temperature control actuator -N493" as shown in the picture below....he said it'a minor issue and he is going to fix it.
so far i have done some online researchs and I'm planning to do the following:
- I ordered an OBD11 scanning tool that i should receive within the next couple of days to scan the car.
- I'll physically inspect the driver side steering airbag as well as the knee airbag to see if the part numbers are original or not.
-I'll inspect the car in inspection shop for other issues but I'm afraid that they are not very experienced with VW and specially the Golf R or Golfs in general since they are rarely seen here in my area.
I have some questions and would really appreciate it if someone could help me:
- i heard that there is a way to hack cars milage....if that's true...is there anyway to know if it was done on this car ?
- is there anyway to conceal an issue in the car from the OBD11 scanning ?
- if a car is involved in an accident and the mentioned airbags were deployed....does this mean that it was a huge accident that should affect the car chassis/internal ? or does the airbag sensor deploy in minor crashes as well ?
Sorry for the long post but I'm really concerned and tempted to buy it at the same time 😄
thanks in advance.....